Software Engineer seeking opportunities to pursue the future of computing via cutting edge technology and overlooked research. Particularly interested in utilizing the intersection of Programming Language Theory and Human-Computer Interaction to make the power of computing better for everyone.
Senior Software Engineer, DRW Holdings (Reference Data)
- Performing feature development, maintenance and support for dozens of polyglot services (Java, Ruby, Clojure, Python)
- Leading greenfield development of multiple projects while onboarding team on using functional abstractions in Java
- Work directly with Reference Data analysts on evolving the firm-wide domain model of financial instruments
- Led the first Ruby upgrade of firm’s internal Reference Data system in over 5 years with no major production outages
- Maintained multiple internal libraries for common infrastructural code
- Migrated build process to containers and began transition of services to Kubernetes
Software Engineer, DRW Holdings (Market Data)
May 2017-April 2020
- Performed software archaeology to reverse engineer and document a poorly documented but critical system; this provided the firm with the ability to redeploy the system onto new infrastructure and allowed for feature improvements for the first time in years
- Participated in daily pair programming to upgrade reliability of streaming market data platform as well as onboarding additional exchanges and regularly performing in exchange protocol upgrades
- Built a custom ETL solution to import data from AWS S3 and allow for analyst defined data overrides with a custom UI written in React
- Led project to perform scheduled price capture from a variety of external services
- Performed ground-up rewrite of various services replacing the underlying database technology as well as altering the domain model from first principles
- Represented department in university recruiting initiative
Senior Software Engineer, OneMain Financial
November 2014-March 2017
- Built a microservice architecture operating on the Ruby on Rails platform
- Worked closely with product managers, designers and UI engineers on a consumer oriented
- Developed secure authentication for API to API communication to keep data safe
- Built workflow management service that internal users used daily
Software Engineer, Telnyx
July 2013-November 2014
- First employee who led development team after CTO exit while assuming full stack responsi- bilities in a startup environment
- Set up automated deployments (Ansible) and notifications saving developers hours per day and decreasing downtime
Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S., Computer Science, 2016-2017, GPA 3.8
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, B.S., Computer Science, 2009-2013
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, B.S., Mathematics, 2009-2013
Louisiana School for Math, Sciences and the Arts, High School, 2009
GRPC based map reduce framework
Built a C++ map reduce library that utilized GRPC for network communication as well as Protocol Buffers for serialization.
N-body gravitational body simulator
Developed a python program to simulate n celestial bodies gravitational attraction over time. Data was then output to visualization software to view paths.
User load testing simulator
Made a clojure application that would simulate user activities in order to provide high through- put load testing to the backend system. Utilized stochastic state machines to generate actions.
Python, Java 8+, Ruby, SQLIntermediate:
Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
Git, Linux, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
: Contributor working on purely functional patterns in Java.Also an active member of the support chat helping teach functional programming and lambda usage to new users.Malleable Systems Collective
: Catalog Curator for community looking into research/techniques of ways to make computing more malleable and accesible to a wider range of audiences.